- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- August 2020 Birthday Sale
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
Marking 26 Years!
On Saturday, August 1, 1994, we opened the bookstore doors for the first time! We have had the pleasure of discussing books with readers in our community and enjoyed countless author presentations for 26 great years. Now we find ourselves talking about books on the phone and and watching author presentations online.
We are grateful for your support over the years -- especially now. Your kind words, smiles, and thumbs-up through the window all mean so much. We look forward to the day when we can safely open the doors again...
In the meanwhile, stay tuned for our Pop-up Porch Shop, coming soon! - Liza & Penny
"We are one people with one family. We all live in the same house... and through books, through information, we must find a way to say to people that we must lay down the burden of hate. For hate is too heavy a burden to bear."
To help us understand the racial conflicts in our world, we have compiled a list of recommended reading. Please let us know of books we should add.
Note: Due to demand, many of these important books are backordered at the publisher. We have LOTS on order and will fill requests as they come in.)
Paperbacks for Summer 2020
What do you think of when you hear the words “Summer Reading”? Light entertainment? Or a chance to delve into something challenging?
If our doors were open, you would find a display of these recent paperback editions - both fiction and nonfiction front and center! Instead, you can browse the selection on this website.
Now more than ever, we all need to find ways to relax so we have compiled a list of suggestions for Summer Reading and Activities for all ages.
Special Note re COVID-19
UPDATED HOURS: While the Norwich Bookstore is not open for browsing, we are here processing orders for pick up and shipping Tuesday through Friday, 9 am - 5 pm, Saturday 9 am - 2 pm. (Closed on Sunday and Monday.)
We appreciate your support and patience during this challenging time. We're happy to be working behind the scenes while the store is dark, and look forward to open hours as soon as possible. We truly miss the daily interactions we have come to so enjoy...
Take good care of yourselves and each other.
To inquire about a book or to place an order
• Call 802-649-1114 (please leave a message if necessary - we're may be on the other line!)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit norwichbookstore.com
To pay for your order
• Call with credit card information 802-699-1114
• Pay on our secure website - norwichbookstore.com
• Please do not email credit card information - it may not be secure
• We are not handling cash at this time
To receive your purchase
• Call or email to make arrangements for pick up from our porch
• Free shipping via USPS on book orders over $20 - non-book items do not qualify for media mail rates (Note: the Post Office is experiencing delays)
• Free delivery to the main entrance at Kendal will be in tandam with trips from Dan & Whits
It takes longer to receive and process books than it used to. If you have a "cancel by" date, please let us know when you place your order.