- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Divergent Collector's Edition (Divergent Series #1) (Hardcover)
Special Order (email to check availability)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Divergent Series series.
Summer 2011 Kids' Next List
“In Roth's harsh future, people are divided into five factions: Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Dauntless, and Erudite. When you reach the age of 16, you are tested to see where you are best suited and then give a choice. That choice will affect everything, including where you live, what you believe, and whom you will befriend. Beatrice grows up in Abnegation but chooses Dauntless for her future. She has no idea how dangerous that choice is for her, especially as she has tested Divergent -- showing traits of more than one faction. Divergents are wild cards. And wild cards are dangerous. This is a fast-paced all-action page-turner that held me captive from beginning to end.”
— Angela Mann, Kepler's Books & Magazine, Menlo Park, CA
The #1 New York Times bestseller that started a worldwide phenomenon and inspired a major motion picture is now available in a beautifully designed Collector's Edition.
This deluxe package features 72 pages of bonus content, including:
- Two essays by Veronica Roth, including excerpts from early drafts of Divergent
- An essay about the psychology behind fear and the "exposure therapy" of Dauntless initiation
- Artistic renderings of the Choosing Ceremony Bowls
- An excerpt from the movie script
- Favorite quotes from Divergent, illustrated by fellow Initiates
- A map of the Dauntless compound
- Divergent discussion questions
- A four-color fold-out poster
- A brilliant metallic book jacket
- A satin ribbon placeholder
This edition makes a great gift for established fans who want to expand their Divergent library or who already own the Insurgent Collector's Edition; readers new to the series who want a fuller reading experience; and fans of the feature film.
Taking place in a futuristic Chicago in which society is divided into five factions, Divergent is the gripping story of a dystopian world transformed by courage, self-sacrifice, and love.
And don't miss The Fates Divide, Veronica Roth's powerful sequel to the bestselling Carve the Mark!
About the Author
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, Four: A Divergent Collection, and Carve the Mark. Ms. Roth and her husband live in Chicago. You can visit her online at www.veronicarothbooks.com.
“A memorable, unpredictable journey from which it is nearly impossible to turn away.”—
— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“You’ll be up all night with Divergent, a brainy thrill-ride of a novel.”