- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
The New Lifetime Reading Plan: The Classical Guide to World Literature, Revised and Expanded (Paperback)
Backordered (call or email to check availability)
Now in print for the first time in almost 40 years, The New Lifetime Reading Plan provides readers with brief, informative and entertaining introductions to more than 130 classics of world literature. From Homer to Hawthorne, Plato to Pascal, and Shakespeare to Solzhenitsyn, the great writers of Western civilization can be found in its pages. In addition, this new edition offers a much broader representation of women authors, such as Charlotte Bront%, Emily Dickinson and Edith Wharton, as well as non-Western writers such as Confucius, Sun-Tzu, Chinua Achebe, Mishima Yukio and many others.
This fourth edition also features a simpler format that arranges the works chronologically in five sections (The Ancient World; 300-1600; 1600-1800; and The 20th Century), making them easier to look up than ever before. It deserves a place in the libraries of all lovers of literature.
About the Author
Clifton Fadiman, Ph.D., is an author, teacher, and student of Sufism. He lives in Menlo Park, California.