- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia #5) (Paperback)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Chronicles of Narnia series.
- #1: The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia #1) (Paperback): $8.99
- #2: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia #2) (Paperback): $8.99
- #3: The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia #3) (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia #4) (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: The Silver Chair: Full Color Edition (Chronicles of Narnia #6) (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7) (Paperback): $8.99
A beautiful paperback edition of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, book five in the classic fantasy series, The Chronicles of Narnia, featuring cover art by three time Caldecott Medal-winning artist David Wiesner and black-and-white interior illustrations by the original illustrator, Pauline Baynes.
A king and some unexpected companions embark on a voyage that will take them beyond all known lands. As they sail farther and farther from charted waters, they discover that their quest is more than they imagined and that the world's end is only the beginning.
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is the fifth book in C. S. Lewis's classic fantasy series, a series that has been drawing readers of all ages into a magical land with unforgettable characters for over sixty years. This is a novel that stands on its own, but if you would like to continue to the journey, read The Silver Chair, the sixth book in The Chronicles of Narnia.
About the Author
Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably one of the most influential writers of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Oxford University until 1954, when he was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance Literature at Cambridge University, a position he held until his retirement. He wrote more than thirty books, allowing him to reach a vast audience, and his works continue to attract thousands of new readers every year. His most distinguished and popular accomplishments include Out of the Silent Planet, The Great Divorce, The Screwtape Letters, and the universally acknowledged classics The Chronicles of Narnia. To date, the Narnia books have sold over 100 million copies and have been transformed into three major motion pictures.
Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963) fue uno de los intelectuales más importantes del siglo veinte y podría decirse que fue el escritor cristiano más influyente de su tiempo. Fue profesor particular de literatura inglesa y miembro de la junta de gobierno en la Universidad Oxford hasta 1954, cuando fue nombrado profesor de literatura medieval y renacentista en la Universidad Cambridge, cargo que desempeñó hasta que se jubiló. Sus contribuciones a la crítica literaria, literatura infantil, literatura fantástica y teología popular le trajeron fama y aclamación a nivel internacional. C. S. Lewis escribió más de treinta libros, lo cual le permitió alcanzar una enorme audiencia, y sus obras aún atraen a miles de nuevos lectores cada año. Sus más distinguidas y populares obras incluyen Las Crónicas de Narnia, Los Cuatro Amores, Cartas del Diablo a Su Sobrino y Mero Cristianismo.
Pauline Baynes has produced hundreds of wonderful illustrations for the seven books in The Chronicles of Narnia. In 1968 she was awarded the prestigious Kate Greenaway Medal for her outstanding contribution to children's literature.