- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Advent Calendars
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured Lists
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Thanksgiving Books
- Holiday Suggestions from Norwich Bookstore 2020
- Winter Holidays 2020
- Pages in the (Virtual) Pub 2020
- Race Relations...
- On Inclusion... for young readers
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Award Winners
- British Library Crime Classics
- Preorder Now!
- What to Read Next...
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Peak (A Peak Marcello Adventure) (Paperback)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
The only thing you’ll find on the summit of Mount Everest is a divine view. The things that really matter lie far below. – Peak Marcello
After fourteen-year-old Peak Marcello is arrested for scaling a New York City skyscraper, he's left with two choices: wither away in Juvenile Detention or go live with his long-lost father, who runs a climbing company in Thailand. But Peak quickly learns that his father's renewed interest in him has strings attached. Big strings. As owner of Peak Expeditions, he wants his son to be the youngest person to reach the Everest summit--and his motives are selfish at best. Even so, for a climbing addict like Peak, tackling Everest is the challenge of a lifetime. But it's also one that could cost him his life.
Roland Smith has created an action-packed adventure about friendship, sacrifice, family, and the drive to take on Everest, despite the incredible risk. The story of Peak’s dangerous ascent—told in his own words—is suspenseful, immediate, and impossible to put down.
About the Author
New York Times best-selling author Roland Smith is the author of twenty-eight young adult novels, including Peak, The Edge, Beneath, Above, Sasquatch, Elephant Run, Zach’s Lie,Shatterproof (39 Clues), the Cryptid Hunters series, the I, Q series, and the Storm Runner series. His novels have garnered dozens of state and national book awards. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
[set star] “A thrilling, multifaceted adventure story . . . A winner at every level.”—Booklist (starred)
“A riveting read for reluctant and experienced readers alike.”—VOYA (5Q—highest rating)