- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Advent Calendars
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured Lists
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Thanksgiving Books
- Holiday Suggestions from Norwich Bookstore 2020
- Winter Holidays 2020
- Pages in the (Virtual) Pub 2020
- Race Relations...
- On Inclusion... for young readers
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Award Winners
- British Library Crime Classics
- Preorder Now!
- What to Read Next...
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Will in Scarlet (Paperback)
Special Order (email to check availability)
This reimagining of the Robin Hood legend tells the story of the young boy behind the bandit hero's rise to fame.
Will Shackley is the son of a lord, and though just thirteen, he’s led a charmed, protected life and is the heir to Shackley House, while his father is away on the Third Crusade with King Richard the Lionheart.
But with King Richard’s absence, the winds of treason are blowing across England, and soon Shackley House becomes caught up in a dangerous power struggle that drives Will out of the only home he’s ever known. Alone, he flees into the dangerous Sherwood Forest, where he joins an elusive gang of bandits readers will immediately recognize.
How Will helps a drunkard named Rob become one of the most feared and revered criminals in history is a swashbuckling ride perfect for anyone who loves heroes, villains, and adventure.
About the Author
MATTHEW CODY is the author of The Dead Gentleman, Powerless, Super, and the upcoming Villainous. Originally from the midwest, he now lives in New York City with his wife and young son. Besides novels, Matt has written for both DC Comics and Marvel, and is a regular moderator at the Thalia Book Club camp at Symphony Space.
School Library Journal, October 2013:
"Where the story really shines is in the fully developed characters... [an] action-packed and thoughtful adventure story."
Booklist, October 15, 2013:
"Cody offers a rewarding historical novel with the appealing possibility of more to come featuring Will and his companions."
Starred Review, The Bulletin, November 2013:
The Horn Book, January/February 2014:
"Fans of John Flanagan’s Ranger’s Apprentice series will find plenty to like here: lots of action, witty repartee, and an immediate style that will draw readers into the story."