- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Toys Meet Snow: Being the Wintertime Adventures of a Curious Stuffed Buffalo, a Sensitive Plush Stingray, and a Book-loving Rubber Ball (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Lumphy, StingRay, and Plastic—the toys from the beloved chapter books Toys Go Out, Toy Dance Party, and Toys Come Home—are back in a glorious full-color picture book, perfect for gift-giving this holiday season. Acclaimed author Emily Jenkins and Caldecott Medal–winning illustrator Paul Zelinsky have created a book destined to become a classic.
Children who have loved listening to the Toys trilogy, as well as those meeting the toys for the very first time, will be thrilled to see Lumphy, StingRay, and Plastic venture outdoors to play in the snow. Together the toys build a snowman, make snow angels, and, when day is done, head back inside their cozy house and wait for the return of the Little Girl.
"A funny and tender adventure." —The Wall Street Journal
"Utterly enchanting; a perfect bedtime read." —School Library Journal, Starred
About the Author
Emily Jenkins is the author of numerous award-winning picture books, including Water in the Park, a Booklist Editors’ Choice and a Bulletin Blue Ribbon Book; Lemonade in Winter, a Publishers Weekly Best Children’s Book of the Year; and two Boston Globe–Horn Book Honor Books: Five Creatures and That New Animal. She also wrote the three chapter books in the Toys trilogy: Toys Go Out, Toy Dance Party, and Toys Come Home. She lives in Brooklyn, New York. Learn more at emilyjenkins.com.
Caldecott Medalist Paul O. Zelinsky is one of the most acclaimed picture book illustrators working today. He is the illustrator of Dust Devil by Anne Isaacs, a New York Times Notable Book and an Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum winner. He received the Caldecott Medal for his retelling of Rapunzel and three Caldecott Honors for his illustrations in Rumpelstiltskin, Hansel and Gretel, and Anne Isaacs's Swamp Angel. He also illustrated the three chapter books in the Toys trilogy: Toys Go Out, Toy Dance Party, and Toys Come Home. Visit the illustrator at paulozelinsky.com.
“Utterly enchanting; a perfect bedtime read.” —School Library Journal, Starred
“The wonderfully idiosyncratic trio works brilliantly together, playing with equally exciting imaginary and realistic hypotheses about snow, their unique personalities and intellectual strengths jiving all the while… Snow never left you feeling warmer inside.” —Kirkus Reviews, Starred
"This wonderfully understated story enchants from the first page." —Publishers Weekly, Starred
“There is perennial pleasure to be had in stories of toys come to life, and fans of Jenkins’ Toys Go Out (BCCB 11/06), its sequel, Toy Dance Party, and its prequel, Toys Come Home, already know and love stuffed buffalo Lumphy, plush StingRay, and Plastic (a rubber ball).” —The Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books, Starred