- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- August 2020 Birthday Sale
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Oliver and the Sea Monkeys (A Not-So-Impossible Tale) (Paperback)
Backordered (email to check availability)
Get ready for mischievous monkeys! Moving islands! And a splashy adventure with illustrations on almost every page.
When Oliver’s explorer parents go missing, he sets sail to find them with some new friends. There’s a grumpy albatross, a nearsighted mermaid . . . even a living island! But the high seas are more exciting and strange than Oliver could have imagined. Can he and his crew spar with sarcastic seaweed, outrun an army of sea monkeys, win a fabulous maritime fashion contest, and defeat a wicked sea captain in time to save Mom and Dad?
For early chapter book readers who are ready for something longer, the Not-So-Impossible Tales are packed with silly humor, action, and larger-than-life fun. This book was previously published in hardcover as Oliver and the Seawigs.
“[A] sly and dashing tale. . . Readers’ ribs aren’t the only ones that get a vigorous tickle.” —Kirkus Reviews
“A delightfully told, beautiful tale of nautical hairdressing, saltwater primates and sarcastic seaweed—this is my kind of book!” —Chris Riddell, award-winning co-creator of the Edge Chronicles
About the Author
PHILIP REEVE is the acclaimed author of the Mortal Engines/Predator Cities series, the Fever Crumb series, and Here Lies Arthur (Carnegie Medal winner). He was born and raised in the seaside town of Brighton and has been writing down adventures since he was five years old.
SARAH McINTYRE has written and illustrated several picture books and comics for children. Her delightfully over-the-top drawings and mischievous monkey illustrations brought Philip and Sarah together for this series.
"[A] sly and dashing tale. . . Readers' ribs aren't the only ones that get a vigorous tickle"--Kirkus Reviews
"A delightfully told, beautfiul tale of nautical hairdressing, saltwater primates and sarcastic seaweed--this is my kind of book!"--Chris Riddell, award-winning illustrator and co-creator of the Edge Chronicles