- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Halloween Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Preorder Now!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- British Library Crime Classics
- Book Angel Suggestions 2020
- 2021 Calendars
- On Inclusion... for young readers
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Holding Company: Poems (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now (email to confirm availability)
"A devastatingly beautiful collection of strange and wonderful poems." —Poetry Daily
In these poems of broken unions and acute longing, Major Jackson explores art, literature, and music as seductive forces in our lives.
About the Author
Major Jackson is the author of five volumes of poems, including Roll Deep and Leaving Saturn, which won the Cave Canem Poetry Prize for a first book of poems. The poetry editor of the Harvard Review, Jackson lives in South Burlington, Vermont.
At times mysterious and at others matter-of-fact, this collection provides much to savor.
Passionate, urgent, and lonely . . . [including] lines and images as delicious as they are surprising.