- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
The God of the Hive: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes series.
- #5: O Jerusalem: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: Justice Hall: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: The Game: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: Locked Rooms: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: The Language of Bees: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: Pirate King (with bonus short story Beekeeping for Beginners): A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: Garment of Shadows: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Dreaming Spies: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: The Murder of Mary Russell: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Island of the Mad: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: Riviera Gold: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Paperback): $17.00
- #17: Castle Shade: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Hardcover): $28.00
Mary Russell and her husband, Sherlock Holmes, have stirred the wrath of a murderous secret organization bent on infiltrating the government. Now they are separated and on the run, wanted by the police, and pursued across the Continent by a ruthless enemy with limitless resources and powerful connections.
Unstoppable together, Russell and Holmes will have to survive this time apart, maintaining contact only by means of coded messages and cryptic notes. But has the couple made a fatal mistake by separating, making themselves easier targets for the shadowy government agents sent to silence them?
A hermit with a mysterious past and a beautiful young female doctor with a secret, a cruelly scarred flyer and an obsessed man of the cloth: Everyone Russell and Holmes meet could either speed their safe reunion or betray them to their enemies—in the most complex, shocking, and deeply personal case of their career.
About the Author
Laurie R. King is the New York Times bestselling author of thirteen Mary Russell mysteries, five contemporary novels featuring Kate Martinelli, the Stuyvesant & Grey novels Touchstone and The Bones of Paris, and the acclaimed A Darker Place, Folly, and Keeping Watch. She lives in Northern California.
“The great marvel of King’s series is that she’s managed to preserve the integrity of Holmes’s character and yet somehow conjure up a woman astute, edgy, and compelling enough to be the partner of his mind as well as his heart.”—Washington Post Book World
“King enriches the Sherlockian legacy.”—Boston Globe
“The God of the Hive is mesmerizing—another wonderful novel etched by the hand of a master storyteller. No reader who opens this one will be disappointed.”—Michael Connelly, author of The Scarecrow
“A dazzling continuation of the adventures of the world’s most famous beekeeper, and his equally daunting ‘apprentice,’ The God of the Hive will astonish and delight even the most seasoned of Holmes’ devotees.”—Katherine Neville, The Fire
“The Mary Russell series is the most sustained feat of imagination in mystery fiction today, and this is the best installment yet.”—Lee Child, author of Gone Tomorrow
“Without a doubt, King is the master of Sherlockian authors.”—Gayle Lynds, author of The Book of Spies
“All it takes is the very first page of the newest installment in Laurie R. King’s brilliant series for and you’re gone . . . disappearing into an artfully crafted, creative and craft world . . . This is historical suspense at its best, rich with atmosphere, mystery, psychological insight and complex, fascinating characters. But it’s not just the plot of Russell’s world, or how she matches wits with Holmes that makes King’s books such standouts, it’s how she brings heart and soul to great detective novels.”—M.J Rose, author of The Hypnotist
Laurie R. King’s bestselling novels of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes are . . .
“Audacious.”—Los Angeles Times • “Funny and fearless.”—Houston Chronicle • “Delightful and creative.”—The Wall Street Journal • “Clever, literate, and thoroughly knowledgeable.”—San Jose Mercury News • “A lively adventure in the very best of intellectual company.”—The New York Times Book Review • “Rousing . . . riveting . . . suspenseful.”—Chicago Sun-Times • “Lush, colorful and utterly compelling.”—Detroit Free-Press • “Beguiling . . . tantalizing.”—The Boston Globe
Fri, 09/24/2021 - 7:00pm
From the creator of the New York Times bestseller Dreamers comes a beautiful story about growth, empowerment, and finding one's own voice.
Tue, 09/28/2021 - 7:00pm
Wed, 09/29/2021 - 7:00pm
Join us for an evening with renowned fermentation expert Sandor Katz, live from his kitchen, in conversation with Dan Barber of Blue Hill!
Elizabeth Emerson -- Letters From Red Farm: The Untold Story of the Friendship between Helen Keller and Journalist Joseph Edgar Chamberlin -- ONLINE
Thu, 09/30/2021 - 7:00pm
In 1888, young Helen Keller traveled to Boston with her teacher, Annie Sullivan, where they met a man who would change her life: Boston Transcript columnist and editor Joseph Edgar Chamberlin.