- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Witches of Brooklyn (Paperback)
Backordered (email to check availability)
Fall 2020 Kids Indie Next List
“I’m so excited about Sophie Escabasse’s debut graphic novel! I love graphic novels, and Escabasse’s style is so perfectly suited to the medium. I adored her protagonist and her aunts, and I was completely swept away by this magical story of a girl coping with loss and new beginnings. As an artist admiring another, I love how Escabasse manifested Effie’s magic, and feel certain it’s something that will speak to all young artists out there! Full of thoughtfulness and humor, with a grand dash of magic and witchery, I can’t wait for more from Effie, Selimene, and Carlota!”
— Tomoko Bason, BookPeople, Austin, TX
There's a new witch in town! Life in Brooklyn takes a strange turn when Effie discovers MAGIC runs in the family.
A middle-grade graphic novel adventure filled with magical hjinks for fans of Phoebe and Her Unicorn and Making Friends.
Could there really be witches in Brooklyn?!
Effie's aunts are weird. Like, really WEIRD. Really, really, really WEIRD! The secretly-magic kind of weird and that makes Effie wonder . . . does this mean she can do magic, too?
Life in Brooklyn takes a strange twist for Effie as she learns more about her family and herself. With new friends who will do whatever they can to be there for her, a cursed pop-star, and her magically-inclined aunts--Effie's life is about to get interesting.
About the Author
Sophie is a French author and illustrator who lives in Brooklyn with her husband, three children, and their black cat Terrence. She has illustrated many books for middle grade readers, including Florence Parry Heide and Roxanne Heide Pierce's Spotlight Club Mysteries series (Albert Whitman); and the Freestyler Funnies series by Tom Easton (Hachette UK).
She has been a graphic novel lover for as long as she can remember and she enjoys fun and expressive characters. Witches of Brooklyn is her debut graphic novel.
“A mixture of everyday adventures and enchanting fantasy, this lighthearted story will delight readers.” —Kirkus Reviews
“A warm story of found family and healing that stands on its own while setting the stage for further adventures.” —Publisher’s Weekly
“A focus on growth and change rather than struggle… An anticipated sequel will likely be welcomed by fantasy and graphic novel fans eager to see what adventures await the young witch.” —The Bulletin
“Lighthearted, sweet, and entertaining.” —The Horn Book
"A charming middle-grade take on Sabrina the Teenage Witch that only scratches the surface of this new series’ enormous potential." —Booklist