- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Books & Calendars for Jewish New Year 2020
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- British Library Crime Classics
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Hard to Find (may be out of print - email to check availability)
From master storyteller Stephen King comes his classic #1 New York Times bestseller
Can an entire city be haunted? The Losers Club of 1958 seems to think so. After all, when they were teenagers back then, these seven friends who called the small New England metropolis of Derry their home had first-hand experience with what made this place so horribly different. Every twenty-seven years, something that has existed here for a very long time comes back to terrorize Derry, lurking in the city storm drains and sewers, taking the shape of every nightmare and deepest dread. And yet, time passed and the children grew up, moved away...the horror of what they all experienced buried deep, wrapped in forgetfulness. Now nearly thirty years later, they re all being called back to Derry for a final life-or-death confrontation with a primordial evil that stirs and coils in the sullen depths of their memories. For the Losers Club and the thing known only as It have some unfinished business with each other .