- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Halloween Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Preorder Now!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- British Library Crime Classics
- Book Angel Suggestions 2020
- 2021 Calendars
- On Inclusion... for young readers
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Eggbert, the Slightly Cracked Egg (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now (email to confirm availability)
Cast out of the refrigerator because of a small crack, Eggbert sets out into the world, using his talent for painting to try to blend in. Eventually he realizes that cracks are everywhere and reminds us all that our flaws are perfectly natural.
About the Author
Tom Ross was inspired to write this story by his wife's real-life bowling ball, named Irma. He and his wife live in a funky adobe in New Mexico, along with their son and a friendly mutt, Mookie.copyright ? 2000 by Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers. All rights reserved.