- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
50 Adventures in the 50 States (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Be brave and set your spirit free on an exciting journey across the U.S. of A, taking in 50 incredible adventures!
From the award-winning author of National Parks of the USA, Kate Siber, this stunning book showcases an amazing adventure activity to try in every single state. 50 Adventures in the 50 States features gripping outdoors activities, vividly illustrated and described alongside fascinating facts about the nature and geography of each activity location – the very best the U.S.A. has to offer budding young adventurers!
Each adventure is illustrated with a beautiful, poster-worthy image, with pull-out facts about how the adventure activity is accomplished and key information about the area’s natural and cultural highlights.
Activities range from the high-octane, such as wind surfing the Gulf Coast in Texas or canyoneering in Utah, to the magical and inspiring, such as soaking in natural hot springs in Idaho, stargazing from a train in Nevada and witnessing the synchronous firefly displays in Tennessee. Wonder at the beauty as you:
- Walk on an active glacier in Alaska
- Climb the highest peak in the Northeast in New Hampshire
- Horseback ride through ancient canyons with a Navajo guide in Arizona
- Surf the iconic Venice Beach in California
The 50 States series of books for young explorers celebrates the USA and the wider world with key facts and fun activities about the people, history, and natural environments that make each location within them uniquely wonderful. Beautiful illustrations, maps, and infographics bring the places to colorful life.
Also available from the series:The 50 States, The 50 States: Activity Book, The 50 States: Fun Facts, 50 Cities of the U.S.A., 50 Trailblazers of the 50 States, 50 Maps of the World, 50 Maps of the World Activity Book, Only in America!, and We Are the 50 States.
About the Author
Kate Siber, author of the award-winning bestseller National Parks of the USA, is a journalist and a correspondent for Outside magazine living in Durango, Colorado. She has tried her hand at almost every adventure activity going, and covers the world’s wild and remote places as well as environmental and social issues. Her writing has been featured in many publications, including National Geographic Traveler, National Parks, Preservation, Men’s Journal, and The New York Times.
Lydia Hill is a freelance illustrator and 2D designer currently based in North London but originally from Portsmouth, England. She graduated from Middlesex University in 2019 with a First Class Degree in Illustration. Her clients include YES! Magazine, Wide Eyed Editions/Quarto Publishing, SkyTv, 33 seconds, The RAF, and Middlesex University. She usually works digitally and enjoys building up layers of color and texture to create a faux-traditional print look to her illustrations. She loves illustrating diverse characters using bold colors and shapes.
“…perfect coffee table book for outdoor enthusiasts, road-trippers, and nature lovers alike.”—BookRiot
"Eye-catching."—Kitty Flynn, The Horn Book Guide
"Okay, kiddos, get ready...you're going on an adventure around the country–and in your own backyard."—Durango Herald
Tue, 09/28/2021 - 7:00pm
Wed, 09/29/2021 - 7:00pm
Join us for an evening with renowned fermentation expert Sandor Katz, live from his kitchen, in conversation with Dan Barber of Blue Hill!
Elizabeth Emerson -- Letters From Red Farm: The Untold Story of the Friendship between Helen Keller and Journalist Joseph Edgar Chamberlin -- ONLINE
Thu, 09/30/2021 - 7:00pm
In 1888, young Helen Keller traveled to Boston with her teacher, Annie Sullivan, where they met a man who would change her life: Boston Transcript columnist and editor Joseph Edgar Chamberlin.
Fri, 10/01/2021 - 12:00pm
We have a selection of books for everyone. Come in to the store to see what we mean.