- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Father's Day
- Graduation Gift Books
- Race Relations...
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Timmy Failure: We Meet Again (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Timmy Failure series.
- #1: Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made (Hardcover): $14.99
- #2: Timmy Failure: Now Look What You've Done (Hardcover): $15.99
- #4: Timmy Failure: Sanitized for Your Protection (Hardcover): $15.99
- #5: Timmy Failure: The Book You're Not Supposed to Have (Hardcover): $15.99
- #6: Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants (Hardcover): $14.99
- #7: Timmy Failure: It's the End When I Say It's the End (Hardcover): $14.99
From the New York Times best-selling creator of Timmy Failure comes a third adventure about the comically overconfident sleuth.
His name is Failure. Timmy Failure. And his detective agency is on the verge of global domination. Global riches. Global fame. And yet the gods keep throwing him curveballs: for starters, academic probation. The coveted Miracle Report is the key to everything, including a good grade. It’s dirty business. It’s best you know nothing. But one thing is for sure: Timmy Failure will be triumphant again!
About the Author
Stephan Pastis is the creator of the New York Times bestseller Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made and its first sequel, Timmy Failure: Now Look What You’ve Done, as well as Pearls Before Swine, an acclaimed comic strip that appears in more than seven hundred newspapers and boasts a devoted following. He lives in northern California.
Pastis’s lovely balance of quirky cartooning and quick-moving text makes this an enjoyable, laugh-out-loud read. Highly recommended for kids who love Bill Watterson’s “Calvin and Hobbes,” Jeff Kinney’s “Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” Lincoln Peirce’s “Big Nate” Rachel Renée Russell’s or “Dork Diaries.” This book and the entire series are a perfect go-to for reluctant readers.
—School Library Journal
Pastis’ supporting cast of characters are ... effective narrative foils for [Timmy], rather than speechless bystanders to his quirkiness. ... [T]here are signs that, with the support of people who find him lovable in spite of himself, Timmy Failure will not live up to his name.
There are several moments where Timmy is unironically sweet. Anyone familiar with the previous books in the series may be surprised at the genuine sentiment in a few scenes. There are actual hugs, and there's a deeply touching conversation with a very unlikely person. ... Timmy Failure is a classic antihero: Some readers will be drawn to the book because of him; others will be drawn to it in spite of him.