- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Timmy Failure: The Book You're Not Supposed to Have (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Timmy Failure series.
- #1: Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made (Hardcover): $14.99
- #2: Timmy Failure: Now Look What You've Done (Hardcover): $15.99
- #3: Timmy Failure: We Meet Again (Hardcover): $14.99
- #4: Timmy Failure: Sanitized for Your Protection (Hardcover): $15.99
- #6: Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants (Hardcover): $14.99
- #7: Timmy Failure: It's the End When I Say It's the End (Hardcover): $14.99
Banishment from his life’s calling can’t keep a comically overconfident detective down in the latest episode by New York Times bestseller Stephan Pastis.
This book was never meant to exist. No one needs to know the details. Just know this: there’s a Merry, a Larry, a missing tooth, and a teachers’ strike that is crippling Timmy Failure’s academic future. Worst of all, Timmy is banned from detective work. It’s a conspiracy of buffoons. He recorded everything in his private notebook, but then the manuscript was stolen. If this book gets out, he will be grounded for life. Or maybe longer. And will Timmy’s mom really marry Doorman Dave?
About the Author
Stephan Pastis is the creator of the New York Times bestseller Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made and its four sequels, as well as the acclaimed comic strip Pearls Before Swine. He lives in northern California.
Cartoonist Pastis continues his heavily illustrated bestselling series with a fifth mystery that basically doesn't exist. Several chapter titles will be funny only to adults reading along, but the ample cartoons and clueless timfoolery will entertain all and sundry. Wittier than the Wimpy Kid and with a movie in the offing, the series can only gain fans.
Timmy’s behavior has never been willfully destructive, but in this case, he might be accused of trying to sabotage the wedding, or at least simply continuing to use detection as a means to impose his will on an often confounding world. Fans of this continually off-the-wall series can make the call.
Students will love the absurdity of Timmy and question his thought process while enjoying the humorous illustrations throughout the pages. Parents and teachers will enjoy the humor and comedic timing that Pastis is known for, not to mention the amount of high level vocabulary words he works in flawlessly. These titles won't stay on the shelves long!
—School Library Connection