- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
A World of Cities (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
From the lights of Paris to the cherry blossoms of Tokyo, the world is yours to explore in this comprehensive tour of thirty dazzling cities across the globe.
Visit places you have only dreamed of in an elegant celebration of cities around the world. From Shanghai, Berlin, and Cairo to Seoul, Delhi, and Rome, explore each locale by way of bold illustrations and unlock a miscellany of intriguing facts. Did you know that Prague has the world’s oldest still-working astronomical clock? Or that there are more museums in Mexico City than anywhere else in the world? In a follow-up to international bestseller A World of Information, printmaker James Brown has skillfully rendered each city in a stylistic nod to vintage travel posters, while incorporating historical and cultural facts for inquisitive minds to devour. Wander the distinctive cities of the world, all from the comfort of your favorite reading nook.
About the Author
James Brown is an illustrator and printmaker who worked in textiles for ten years before turning his talents to illustrating for children. He lives in London.
Brown (A World of Information) delivers visually dramatic graphic renderings of 30 cities in screenprints reminiscent of vintage travel posters, with iconic representations of the city’s monuments and symbolic objects...this volume offers evocative visuals that may entice readers to learn more about the destinations.