- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Books & Calendars for Jewish New Year 2020
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- British Library Crime Classics
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
How to Cook Everything: Bittman Takes on America's Chefs (Hardcover)
Special Order (email to check availability)
Join Mark Bittman as he takes on the nation's top chefs in a culinary battle of home-style vs. restaurant style!
"Mark knows food. Mark knows chefs. Chefs know Mark.You know this has gotta be a great cookbook!"
--Al Roker, Host, NBC's Today show
The Chefs Who Took the Challenge
* JOSE ANDRES, Zaytinya/Washington, D.C.
* DANIEL BOULUD, Daniel/New York
* JAMES BOYCE, Studio/Laguna Beach
* GARY DANKO, Restaurant Gary Danko/San Francisco
* SUZANNE GOIN, Lucques and A.O.C./Los Angeles
* GABRIELLE HAMILTON, Prune/New York
* ANNA KLINGER, Al di La/New York
* CHARLES PHAN, The Slanted Door/San Francisco
* MICHEL RICHARD, Citronelle/Washington, D.C.
* SUVIR SARAN, Devi/New York
* CHRIS SCHLESINGER, East Coast Grill & Raw Bar/Boston-Cambridge
* KERRY SIMON, Simon Kitchen & Bar/Las Vegas
* JEAN-GEORGES VONGERICHTEN, Jean-Georges/New York
About the Author
MARK BITTMAN writes the weekly "Minimalist" column and other features for the New York Times dining section and is the acclaimed author of the bestselling How to Cook Everything, as well as The Minimalist Cooks at Home; The Minimalist Cooks Dinner; Fish: The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking, and other books. He has been widely featured in national and regional print and broadcast media, and makes regular appearances on the Today show and NPR's All Things Considered. The How to Cook Everything: Bittman Takes on America's Chefs public television series is broadcast nationwide.