- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Don't Say a Word (Hometown Antihero #2) (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Hometown Antihero series.
Pretty Little Liars meets Riverdale in Don't Say a Word, a standout YA mystery from indie-pub favorite Amber Lynn Natusch.
Kylene Danners’s ex-FBI agent father is in prison for murder and she’s hell-bent on getting him out. But trying to investigate in the small town where a defensive lineman is a hero no matter who he tries to kill and the girl who gets him locked up is public enemy number one is dangerous. Dark secrets are everywhere in Jasperville—the kind Ky can’t walk away from.
When rookie FBI agent Cedric Dawson returns to town to finish an open investigation, he goes undercover at her high school—as her ex. Determined to keep her from interfering, Dawson’s plan backfires after Ky gets an anonymous call about missing girls officially labeled as runaways—runaways that didn’t really run away at all.
Because dead girls can’t run.
And they don’t say a word.
About the Author
Amber Lynn Natusch is the author of the bestselling Caged series for adults. She was born and raised in Winnipeg, and is still deeply attached to her Canadian roots. She loves to dance and practice Muay Thai—but spends most of her time running a chiropractic practice with her husband, raising two young children, and attempting to write when she can lock herself in the bathroom for ten minutes of peace. Dare You to Lie is her debut YA novel.
“A witty, fast-paced, action-packed romp through the seedy underbelly of small town America. Kylene's spirited voice leaps off the page! Beware: Once you begin this thrilling ride, you'll be up way past your bedtime.”—Sandhya Menon, New York Times bestselling author of When Dimple Met Rishi
“A snarky, brave, likeable sleuth of a heroine; a thoughtful, fast-paced plot; suspense, mystery and a dash of romance. Fans of Veronica Mars will love this!”—New York Times bestselling author Samantha Young
“Equal parts fierce and funny, Kylene Danners is the friend you wish had your back. Natusch throws the reader into a pulse-quickening quest for justice that left me whiplashed in the best possible way. I want—no, need!—to see what Kylene does next!”—Kim Savage, bestselling author of In Her Skin
“A quick-witted heroine, a fast-paced plot, and a twisty whodunit mystery that kept me on my toes. Fans of Riverdale and Veronica Mars will adore Kylene Danners and devour this suspenseful story.”—USA Today Bestselling author K.A. Tucker
“Dare You to Lie filled the empty spot Veronica Mars left in my heart. A smart who-done-it that kept me guessing to the end! I can’t wait for the next book.”—New York Times bestselling author Denise Grover Swank
“Kylene Danners is a teen Jessica Jones with a rural flair. She has grit and wit, but she’s all out of mercy.”—Dana Mele, author of People Like Us
“Amber Lynn Natusch’s brilliant and fast-paced storytelling shines through in her strong, good-girl-turned-raw heroine, Kylene Danners. Natusch weaves in sharp-witted dialogue for her well-developed characters, creating everything from behind-the-hand giggling to full-out barking laughter as I turned the pages. Read this book the way it was meant to be read: consumed in one sitting. Once you do, you’ll be clamoring for more.”—USA Today bestselling author Amy Bartol