- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Advent Calendars
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
A Beginner's Guide to American Mah Jongg: How to Play the Game & Win (Paperback)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Learn the fascinating game of American Mahjong with this expert guide. This affordable best-selling book is one of the only available game strategy guides specifically geared toward American Mahjong (Mah Jongg) and follows the official National Mah Jongg League rules. Offering first-time players an easy-to-follow guide to this complex game, A Beginner's Guide to American Mah Jongg includes simple, easy-to-follow instructions and clear diagrams to walk the reader through each step of the game, including how to select a hand, how to play and how to develop winning strategies. A key feature is the color text which shows various hands and tiles. This Mahjong guide includes:
- Step-by-step instructions for gameplay.
- Hands-on "Do It" exercises
- Tips and quizzes for natural learning
- Mahjong background and history
- An explanation of tile symbolism
- Glossary of Mahjong terms
About the Author
Elaine Sandberg was a Mah Jongg instructor for many years. She taught American Mah Jongg for Holland America Cruise Lines and classes in the Los Angeles area.
"Clearly written and well illustrated with numerous examples. Any American public library serving a community with active mah jongg groups will want Sandberg's."—Library Journal