- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Graduation Gift Books
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Calvin and Hobbes series.
- #2: The Essential Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: Something Under the Bed Is Drooling: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #4: The Calvin and Hobbes Lazy Sunday Book (Paperback): $14.99
- #5: Yukon Ho!: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #6: The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin And Hobbes Treasury (Paperback): $18.99
- #7: Weirdos from Another Planet!: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: The Revenge of the Baby-Sat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: Scientific Progress Goes Boink: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #11: The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback): $18.99
- #12: The Days Are Just Packed (Calvin and Hobbes #12) (Paperback): $18.99
- #13: Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $18.99
- #14: The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book (Paperback): $18.99
- #15: There's Treasure Everywhere (Calvin and Hobbes #15) (Paperback): $18.99
- #16: It's a Magical World (Calvin and Hobbes #16) (Paperback): $18.99
The first book collection of the classic and beloved Calvin and Hobbes comic strip!
"Most people who write comic dialogue for minors demonstrate surprisingly little feel for—or faith in—the original source material, that is, childhood, in all its unfettered and winsome glory. It is in this respect that Bill Watterson has proved as unusual as his feckless creations, Calvin and Hobbes. Watterson is the reporter who's gotten it right; childhood as it actually is."—Garry Trudeau, from the Foreword
This is the first collection of the classic comic strip that features Calvin, a rambunctious 6-year-old boy, and his stuffed tiger, Hobbes, who comes charmingly to life. Filled with a mix of Watterson’s standard and full-page Sunday strips, this collection is sure to please fans and newcomers alike.
About the Author
Bill Watterson is the creator of Calvin and Hobbes, one of the most popular and well-regarded cartoon strips of the twentieth century. Calvin and Hobbes appeared in newspapers from November 1985 until Watterson's retirement in 1995.