- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Halloween Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Preorder Now!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- British Library Crime Classics
- Book Angel Suggestions 2020
- 2021 Calendars
- On Inclusion... for young readers
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
The Meat Free Monday Cookbook (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now (email to confirm availability)
The Meat Free Monday Campaign, launched by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney in 2009, has been a trailblazer and magazines, restaurants, hospitals, colleges, workplaces, celebrities and entire communities have pledged their support. Furthermore, almost every health study published in recent years has proved that eating a more plant-based diet improves body weight, blood pressure and blood sugar and shows that having at least one meat-free day a week is essential for anyone wishing to enjoy a healthy life.
The Meat Free Monday Cookbook also proves how simple it is to eat less meat by including irresistible vegetarian menus for every week of the year - two main dishes, plus four other ideas for each meal of the day.
Packed with recipes such as Fruity Quinoa, Mexican Cornbread, Warm Halloumi, Apple and Radish Salad, Double Choc Crackle Cookies and Gingerbread Cake, as well as vibrant spring soups, inventive summer salads, appetising autumn bakes and comforting winter stews, it includes contributions from Paul, Mary and Stella, as well as from celebrity and chef supporters, such as Skye Gyngell, Giorgio Locatelli, Yotam Ottolenghi, Kevin Spacey and Vivienne Westwood. It really is the perfect recipe book for anyone who cares about their health, the environment and seriously delicious food.
About the Author
Meat Free Monday's message is One Day a Week Can Make a World of Difference. The campaign aims to encourage everyone to do their bit to help protect the planet by demonstrating that by giving up meat for one day each week you can save money, reduce your environmental impact and live a healthier life.