- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
The Dysfunctional Dance Of The Empath And Narcissist: Create Healthy Relationships By Healing Childhood Trauma (Paperback)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
When people enter into a new relationship, they do not go looking for the rotten apple at the bottom of the barrel. However, countless individuals repeatedly find themselves in these hurtful situations and do not understand why.
A recent Facebook survey of people who self-identify as being empathic revealed a startling insight. Over 80% of the 1,300 respondents disclosed they had suffered from some form of abuse or neglect during their childhood. Organizations, such as the American Psychiatric Association, have also identified early childhood trauma as the cause for the development of severe narcissist tendencies.
An interesting dynamic often develops between the loving, compassionate, and often selfless empaths and those willing to take from them, the self-serving narcissists. Both look to heal their inner wounds in the arms of the other.
The Dysfunctional Dance Of The Empath And Narcissist takes an in-depth look at the unconscious patterns that keep individuals trapped in cycles of abusive relationships. It endeavors to raise people's awareness to the ingrained programming going on deep inside and help the reader understand how they keep getting into these situations in the first place.
Regardless of what happened to a person when they were young, they have the power to redefine themselves and their life. It is possible to break free of these destructive, negative patterns and finally experience the loving, healthy relationship they have always desired.
A survivor or childhood abuse, herself, Dr. Rita Louise has emerged as a gifted empath and talented clairvoyant medical intuitive. She is a Naturopathic physician and the founder of the Institute Of Applied Energetics that trains students in the art of medical intuition, intuitive counseling, and energy medicine. She has authored six books and produced several feature-length and short films. Dr. Louise has appeared on radio, television and in movies and has lectured on health and healing, ghosts, intuition, ancient mysteries and the paranormal. Her books and articles have worldwide circulation.
Tue, 09/28/2021 - 7:00pm
Wed, 09/29/2021 - 7:00pm
Join us for an evening with renowned fermentation expert Sandor Katz, live from his kitchen, in conversation with Dan Barber of Blue Hill!
Elizabeth Emerson -- Letters From Red Farm: The Untold Story of the Friendship between Helen Keller and Journalist Joseph Edgar Chamberlin -- ONLINE
Thu, 09/30/2021 - 7:00pm
In 1888, young Helen Keller traveled to Boston with her teacher, Annie Sullivan, where they met a man who would change her life: Boston Transcript columnist and editor Joseph Edgar Chamberlin.
Fri, 10/01/2021 - 12:00pm
We have a selection of books for everyone. Come in to the store to see what we mean.