- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
A Remedy For Love (Paperback)
Special Order (call or email to check availability)
This collection of poems and photography explores love, life, relationships and truth found in nature. The composer and photographer Nichole Hastings takes you on her journey as she relates her experiences and explorations with love. Written in free verse and rhyme, Nichole’s words share her tragedy, triumphs, challenges, fears, longings, bliss and realizations about love. Nichole and the other contributing photographers reveal more details about her and her life in each photograph. Her poems speak to a juxtaposition all adopted Asians face, who have no connections to their birth country or biological parents and growing up in white America, in the search for self and identity. Nichole was born in South Korea and adopted at the age of two by a caucasian couple stationed in Seoul, the city of her birth in the late 1970s. She grew up hiking, camping and fishing in a small rural farming community in New Hampshire; the only girl among her three cousins and a younger brother.