- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Books & Calendars for Jewish New Year 2020
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- British Library Crime Classics
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Come Sundown: A Novel (Mass Market)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
The dilemma I have with a new Nora Roberts novel is whether to enjoy it in small bites or devour it. Once Come Sundown's heart-wrenching story got me in its grips, there was no question of taking my time. I couldn’t go to sleep without knowing how it ended.
June 2017 Indie Next List
“This is the story of the Bodine family, which runs a successful ranch resort. As you learn about Bodine Longbow, who helps to run the family business, and her new relationship, you also learn about Bodine's Aunt Alice, who took off when she was 18 and never came home. The family never learned what happened to Alice, so when she is found alive they have to find out to keep her from disappearing again. Come Sundown is suspenseful, slightly creepy, and also touching. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a mystery with some romance.”
— Linda Keifer (W), Hockessin Book Shelf, Hockessin, DE
# 1 New York Times bestselling author of The Obsession, Nora Roberts, returns with a stunning tale of how blood ties can save us—or destroy us—in Come Sundown.
The Bodine ranch and resort in western Montana is a family business, and Bodine Longbow does all she can to keep things running, with the help of her siblings and staff and the new hire, Callen Skinner.
But not far away, an aunt Bo has never met lives in her own twisted version of a family, one no one knows about, one she never chose. Years ago, Alice was a rebellious eighteen-year-old who ran off looking for adventure. Now she cowers in fear, rarely seeing the sunlight, her mind shattered by a man who views her—and her offspring—as his rightful property. The Longbows don’t talk about Alice anymore. Many quietly presume that she is long dead.
Then a young bartender leaves the resort late one night, and Bo and Cal discover her battered body in the snow. It’s the first sign that danger lurks in the mountains that surround them. But the greatest shock comes when Alice returns—and the threat that follows in her wake will test the bonds that hold Bo to this place and these people, and thrust her into a darkness she could never have imagined…
About the Author
NORA ROBERTS is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Hideaway, The Chronicles of the One trilogy, Under Currents, Shelter in Place, Come Sundown, and many more. She is also the author of the bestselling In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.