- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Graduation Gift Books
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Ada Twist, Scientist (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
About the Author
Andrea Beaty is the author of the bestselling Questioneers series, among other children’s titles. She lives just outside Chicago.
David Roberts has illustrated many children’s books, including bestsellers Ada Twist, Scientist; Rosie Revere, Engineer; and Iggy Peck, Architect.
"Beaty delightfully advocates for girls in science in her now-trademark crisply rhyming text."
"Use this book to jumpstart conversations about scientists, girl scientists, gender roles, forming hypotheses, giftedness and childhood genius, and individual creativity. Or just use it for laughs on a lazy school day afternoon."
— NY Journal of Books
"A winner for storytime reading and for young children interested in STEM activities."
— School Library Journal
"Young Ada Twist and her nonstop intellect might just encourage readers to blaze trails of their own."
— Booklist Online