- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Two The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Two) (The Heroes of Olympus #2) (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the The Heroes of Olympus series.
- #1: Heroes of Olympus, The, Book One The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book One) (The Heroes of Olympus #1) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #3: Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Three The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Three) (The Heroes of Olympus #3) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #4: Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Four The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Four) (The Heroes of Olympus #4) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #5: Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Five The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Five) (The Heroes of Olympus #5) (Hardcover): $19.99
Percy is confused. When he awoke after his long sleep, he didn’t know much more than his name. His brain-fuzz is lingering, even after the wolf Lupa told him he is a demigod and trained him to fight. Somehow Percy managed to make it to the camp for half-bloods, despite the fact that he had to continually kill monsters that, annoyingly, would not stay dead. But the camp doesn't ring any bells with him.
Hazel is supposed to be dead. When she lived before, she didn’t do a very good job of it. When the Voice took over her mother and commanded Hazel to use her “gift” for an evil purpose, Hazel couldn’t say no. Now, because of her mistake, the future of the world is at risk.
Frank is a klutz. His grandmother claims he is descended from ancient heroes and can be anything he wants to be, but he doesn’t see it. He doesn’t even know who his father is. He keeps hoping Apollo will claim him, because the only thing he is good at is archery—although not good enough to help the Fifth Cohort win at war games. His big and bulky physique makes him feel like a clumsy ox, especially in front of Hazel, his closest friend at camp. He trusts her completely—enough, even, to share the secret he holds close to his heart.
Beginning at the “other” camp for half-bloods and extending as far north as the land beyond the gods, this breathtaking second installment in the Heroes of Olympus series introduces new demigods, revives fearsome monsters, and features other remarkable creatures, all of whom are destined to play a part in the most important quest of all: the Prophecy of Seven.
About the Author
Rick Riordan (www.rickriordan.com) is the author of the New York Times #1 best-selling The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero; the New York Times #1 best-selling The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid; as well as the five books in the New York Times #1 best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series: The Lightning Thief; The Sea of Monsters; The Titan's Curse; The Battle of the Labyrinth; and The Last Olympian. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre. He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife and two sons.