- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
On the Come Up (Large Print / Library Binding)
Usually Available in 1-5 Days
Spring 2019 Kids Indie Next List
“For her sophomore book, Thomas gives us a heroine — Brianne — who is struggling against both her family’s expectations as well as those of white people as she tries to make her way doing what she loves: rapping. We follow her through ups and downs as she navigates racism at her school and the expectations of black girls in the music world. Excellently written and incredibly unputdownable, you will cheer and cry as Bri makes her way!”
— Melissa Fox, Watermark Books & Cafe, Wichita, KS
A #1 New York Times Bestselling Author
Sixteen-year-old Bri wants to be one of the greatest rappers of all time. As the daughter of an underground rap legend who died before he hit big she 's got massive shoes to fill. But when her mom loses her job food banks and shut-off notices become as much a part of her life as beats and rhymes. With homelessness staring her family down Bri no longer just wants to make it she has to make it. Brilliant insightful full of heart this is another modern classic from one of the most influential literary voices of a generation.