- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Katie and the Cupcake Cure (Cupcake Diaries #1) (Paperback)
Usually Available in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Cupcake Diaries series.
- #2: Mia in the Mix (Cupcake Diaries #2) (Paperback): $6.99
- #3: Emma on Thin Icing (Cupcake Diaries #3) (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Alexis and the Perfect Recipe (Cupcake Diaries #4) (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Katie, Batter Up! (Cupcake Diaries #5) (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Mia's Baker's Dozen (Cupcake Diaries #6) (Paperback): $6.99
- #7: Emma All Stirred Up! (Cupcake Diaries #7) (Paperback): $6.99
- #8: Alexis Cool as a Cupcake (Cupcake Diaries #8) (Paperback): $6.99
- #9: Katie and the Cupcake War (Cupcake Diaries #9) (Paperback): $6.99
- #10: Mia's Boiling Point (Cupcake Diaries #10) (Paperback): $6.99
- #11: Emma, Smile and Say "Cupcake!" (Cupcake Diaries #11) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #12: Alexis Gets Frosted (Cupcake Diaries #12) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #13: Katie's New Recipe (Cupcake Diaries #13) (Paperback): $6.99
- #14: Mia a Matter of Taste (Cupcake Diaries #14) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #15: Emma Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice (Cupcake Diaries #15) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #16: Alexis and the Missing Ingredient (Cupcake Diaries #16) (Paperback): $6.99
- #17: Katie Sprinkles & Surprises (Cupcake Diaries #17) (Paperback): $6.99
- #18: Mia Fashion Plates and Cupcakes (Cupcake Diaries #18) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #19: Emma: Lights! Camera! Cupcakes! (Cupcake Diaries #19) (Paperback): $6.99
- #20: Alexis the Icing on the Cupcake (Cupcake Diaries #20) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #21: Katie Starting from Scratch (Cupcake Diaries #21) (Paperback): $5.99
- #22: Mia's Recipe for Disaster (Cupcake Diaries #22) (Paperback): $6.99
- #23: Emma's Not-So-Sweet Dilemma (Cupcake Diaries #23) (Paperback): $6.99
- #24: Alexis's Cupcake Cupid (Cupcake Diaries #24) (Paperback): $6.99
- #25: Katie Sprinkled Secrets (Cupcake Diaries #25) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #26: Mia the Way the Cupcake Crumbles (Cupcake Diaries #26) (Paperback): $6.99
- #27: Emma Raining Cats and Dogs . . . and Cupcakes! (Cupcake Diaries #27) (Paperback): $6.99
- #28: Alexis Cupcake Crush (Cupcake Diaries #28) (Paperback): $6.99
- #29: Katie Just Desserts (Cupcake Diaries #29) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #30: Mia Measures Up (Cupcake Diaries #30) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #31: Emma Catwalks and Cupcakes! (Cupcake Diaries #31) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #32: Alexis's Half-Baked Idea (Cupcake Diaries #32) (Paperback): $6.99
- #33: Katie Cupcakes and Wedding Bells (Cupcake Diaries #33) (Paperback): $6.99
This first book in The Cupcake Diaries is told through the perspective of Katie Brown. We find Katie miserable on the first day of middle school. Her best friend Callie came back from camp boy-crazy and part of a whole new group of friends. When it's made clear that Callie is in the PGC (Popular Girls Club) and Katie is not invited to join, Katie suddenly feels incredibly alone. Katie realizes if she’s going to survive middle school she needs to seriously regroup and find some new friends. But how? She bites into the cupcake her mother packed her for lunch and for a second closes her eyes. The sweet treat makes her happy—finally something goes right! Looking around her table, Katie notices the other students seeming a bit lost, as well. Which gives her an idea…With three new friends Katie forms a club as a way to spread the cupcake love and earn some cupcake cash.
About the Author
From cupcakes to ice cream and donuts! Having written over thirty books about middle school girls and cupcakes and ice cream, Coco Simon decided it was time for a change; so she’s switched her focus from cupcakes to her third favorite sweet treat: donuts! When she’s not daydreaming about yummy snacks, Coco edits children’s books and has written close to one hundred books for children, tweens, and young adults, which is a lot less than the number of cupcakes, ice cream cones, and donuts she’s eaten. She is the author of the Cupcake Diaries, the Sprinkle Sundays, and the Donut Dreams series.