- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Now & Again: Go-To Recipes, Inspired Menus + Endless Ideas for Reinventing Leftovers (Meal Planning Cookbook, Easy Recipes Cookbook, Fun Recipe Cookbook) (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Named one of the most anticipated cookbooks by Eater, Epicurious, Food & Wine and was selected as a New York Times notable pick
With 125+ delicious and doable recipes and 20 creative menu ideas for cooks of any skill level.
Go-to recipes, inspired menus and ideas for reinventing leftovers:Now & Again will change the way we gather, eat and think about leftovers. In this new cookbook by the author of Small Victories, fans and newcomers alike will delight in Julia Turshen's funny and encouraging voice as she helps cooks of any skill level to gather friends and family around the table to share a meal (or many!) together.
- With more than 125 delicious and doable recipes including the popular Applesauce Cake with Cream Cheese
- Impress your guests with 20 inspiring menus for amazing social gatherings, holidays, and more
- Named one of the 100 Greatest Home Cooks of All Time by Epicurious, Julia Turshen is the bestselling author of the highly acclaimed and award-winning Now & Again, Feed the Resistance, and Small Victories.
With 125+ delicious and doable recipes and 20 creative menu ideas for all levels of cooks, you will think about leftovers in an entirely new way
- Helpful "It's Me Again" recipes show how to use leftovers in new and delicious ways
- Tips on how to be smart and thrifty with food choices
- Selected as one of the Top 10 Jew-ish Cookbooks by The Forward and nominated for a Goodreads Choice Award for Best Cookbooks 2018.
- Helpful prep and plan timelines for flawlessly throwing a party
About the Author
Julia Turshen is the bestselling author of Now & Again, Feed the Resistance, named the Best Cookbook of 2017 by Eater, and Small Victories, named one of the Best Cookbooks of 2016 by the New York Times and NPR. She has coauthored numerous cookbooks and hosted the first two seasons of Radio Cherry Bombe. She has written for the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, Vogue, Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, and Saveur. Epicurious has called her one of the 100 Greatest Home Cooks of All Time. She is the founder of Equity At The Table (EATT), an inclusive digital directory of women and non-binary individuals in food. Julia lives in the Hudson Valley with her wife and pets.
David Loftus is a food and lifestyle photographer based in the UK.
"No one is better than Turshen at coming up with unpretentious, delicious, and approachable recipes for home cooks of varying skill levels. An essential purchase for circulating cookbook collections."—Stephanie Klose, Library Journal Starred Review
"Julia Turshen's new book is a rich compendium of recipes that are reassuringly do-able, full of inviting flavour, designed to make life easier and bring pleasure to the kitchen as much as to the table. This would be quite enough, but added to this, Turshen elaborates on the recipes, adding advice as to how the various components of a recipe can be tweaked and turned into other dishes and - this is always a joy to the home cook - how leftovers can be refashioned into further meals."—Nigella Lawson, author of At My Table
A Washington Post Best cookbook of 2018!
"Julia invites us to broaden our taste buds with her fresh, approachable, never-fussy cooking. Now Again leaves no dish and no one behind: garlicky shrimp with tequila and lime will turn the next day to shrimp and kimchi pancakes; cucumbers with sumac and warm pita are a no-brainer for even the most novice of cooks; matzo ball soup and Passover tradition aren't abandoned; and a wife's birthday cake will leave no spouse unsatisfied." -YOTAM OTTOLENGHI
"Now Again is a kitchen essential tool. Julia Turshen shares a definitive plan to help you think differently about leftovers with delicious recipes the first time and second time around."-CARLA HALL
"Let's be honest. If all you're looking for is a recipe, the internet's got you covered. But if like me you read a cookbook to make friends over food with the person who wrote it, then Now Again is perfect. Julia's personal stories, approachable recipes, and conversational tone suggest that you're sitting at her kitchen counter shelling peas or peeling carrots. She makes you feel like you're a part of things. Plus Julia sheds light on two skills I need to hone: reinventing leftovers and delegating." -VIVIAN HOWARD
"I am so excited about this book because Julia is very, very good at throwing unpretentious, cozy meals together and I know this because I've been shamelessly stalking her plates and picnics on social media for years, hoping to glean ideas. This book will save me a lot of snooping in the future and I don't care that it's only August, I'm making the Not-Kosher Jewish Christmas menu first." -DEB PERELMAN
A Goodreads Choice Award nominee for Best Cookbook 2018