- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Advent Calendars
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured Lists
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Thanksgiving Books
- Holiday Suggestions from Norwich Bookstore 2020
- Winter Holidays 2020
- Pages in the (Virtual) Pub 2020
- Race Relations...
- On Inclusion... for young readers
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Award Winners
- British Library Crime Classics
- Preorder Now!
- What to Read Next...
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Family Field Trip: Explore Art, Food, Music, and Nature with Kids (Child Raising and Parenting Book, Montessori and World Schooling Book, Summer Vacation Guide) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now (email to confirm availability)
It’s summer and things look a bit different than we imagined. If you find yourself contemplating a staycation and simultaneously wondering how to introduce your kids to more of the world---Family Field Trip is the answer! It’s thoughtfully curated with ideas for getting immersed in other cultures and experiencing more of the natural world. There’s a whole section on “Wonder” which is endlessly inspiring. The photographs and illustrations throughout just add to the charm. This book is your go-to reference these next few months. Grab some post-it flags, a highlighter and be prepared to dogear. A marked-up, well-loved book is the first step in planning fun adventures and making great memories.— From Beth's Picks
With more than 40 family-friendly cultural activities and adventures, Family Field Trip makes it easy to incorporate moments of learning and exploration into life with kids.
In this engaging guide, parents and caretakers will find simple-to-follow ideas and tips for cultural experiences the whole family can enjoy, whether they are at home, exploring the neighborhood, or taking a vacation.
Drawing on a range of popular experiential educational techniques—including Montessori, World Schooling, Forest Schooling, and more—Family Field Trip is the perfect handbook for any family with young children and an invaluable resource for raising kids who will grow into curious, well-rounded citizens of the world.
• Gives parents the tools and inspiration to turn the world into a giant field trip full of opportunities to teach children cultural appreciation
• Provides parents with easy ways to incorporate learning, adventure, and exploration into both travel and daily life
• Tackles a range of lessons and topics without being prescriptive or overwhelming
By exploring sites, languages, and foods of the world, Family Field Trip is an inspiring guide to raise globally minded kids who appreciate art, food, music, nature, and more.
Activities include starting a supper club to introduce kids to the basics of cooking, having conversations that encourage empathy and cross-cultural understanding, designing fun scavenger hunts for any kind of museum, exhibit, or park, packing for trips with kids, and more.
• Perfect for parents, grandparents, and caregivers who aspire to raise open-minded world citizens with good taste
• A lovely gift for the adventurous, travel-loving family
• Great for readers who enjoyed How to Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims, Atlas of Adventures by Rachel Williams, and Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
About the Author
Erin Austen Abbott is a Mississippi-based writer, early childhood educator, and former travel nanny. She writes about parenting, design, and more on her lifestyle blog, Ameliapresents.com. Her first book, How to Make It, was published in 2017.