- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Here Lies Daniel Tate (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
A young, street-savvy runaway looking for a place to call home realized he might have conned his way into the wrong family in this fast-paced and thrilling novel from award-winning author Cristin Terrill.
It seems too good to be true when Daniel Tate, missing since he was abducted from one of California’s most elite private enclaves at the age of ten, turns up on a snowy street in Vancouver six years later. At first too traumatized to speak, he is eventually able to tell the authorities who he is and is reunited with his overjoyed family. In time, they tell him, he’ll recover the memories he’s missing; all that matters is that they have him back.
It’s perfect. A miracle. Except for one thing:
That boy isn’t Daniel Tate.
But he wants to be. A young con artist who’s been taking on false identities for years, this impostor has stumbled onto the scam of a lifetime. Daniel has everything he’s ever dreamed of—wealth, privilege, the chance to make a fresh start, and most importantly, a family that loves him. Now that he’s finally found a place to belong, he doesn’t question his luck.
Until he realizes that maybe Daniel isn’t missing at all. Maybe someone knows what really happened to the boy he’s pretending to be…and if he can’t uncover the truth—he could be next the next Daniel Tate to disappear.
About the Author
Cristin Terrill holds a bachelor of arts from Vassar College and a master of arts from the Shakespeare Institute in Stratford-upon-Avon. She lives in Virginia, where she leads creative writing workshops for DC-area kids and teens and emerging YA novelists. Her first novel All Our Yesterdays was the winner of the International Thriller Writers’ award for Best Young Adult Novel. She is also the author of Here Lies Daniel Tate. Visit her online at @CristinTerrill.
"You will not guess the ending to this unputdownable thriller full of lies, mystery, and unexpected twists!”
— Beth Revis, author of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
"Fans of thrillers and mysteries will love reading this title. . . .This fresh crossover work will resonate with teens and adults alike. VERDICT A unique suspense novel with twists and turns that will keep readers guessing. A must-have for all library collections."
— School Library Journal
"Delightfully taut, intense"
— Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
"Terrill builds and holds suspense while adroitly working in issues of wealth, class, race, and sexual orientation. Sophisticated readers with a penchant for noir will enjoy the cleverly designed plot and subtle characterization."
"A good, suspenseful thriller."