- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Trials of Apollo, The Book One The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo, The Book One) (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Trials of Apollo series.
- #2: Trials of Apollo, The Book Two The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo, The Book Two) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #3: The Burning Maze (Trials of Apollo, The Book Three) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #4: The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, Book Four) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #5: The Tower of Nero (Trials of Apollo, The Book Five) (Hardcover): $19.99
Favorite Greek and Roman demigods return in a new five-book adventure quest with a fresh twist: they’re helping Apollo regain his immortal status.
"A clash of mythic intrigues and centuries of pop culture to thrill die-hard and new fans alike."--Kirkus Reviews
- #1 New York Times best-selling series
- Rick Riordan is considered the "storyteller of the gods" because of his five #1 New York Times bestselling series based on mythology
- A continuation of the Percy Jackson saga, but it also stands alone
- A new take on Greek and Roman mythology from the point of view of a fallen god
- Brings back beloved demigod characters from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
- Introduces new demigods
- Villains are based on Roman emperors
- Features a diverse cast with people from all kinds of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Perfect for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
By making him human.
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.
But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.
About the Author
Rick Riordan, dubbed “storyteller of the gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of five #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, and the Trials of Apollo, based on Greek and Roman mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, based on Norse mythology. Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two #1 New York Times best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. Rick is also the publisher of an imprint at Disney-Hyperion, Rick Riordan Presents, dedicated to finding other authors of highly entertaining fiction based on world cultures and mythologies. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. Follow him on Twitter at @RickRiordan.
PRAISE FOR THE LOST HERO
"Readers longing for a return to Camp Half-Blood will get their wish.... ...the action scenes come frequently as the three heroic teens fight monstrous enemies in North American locales..... Flashes of humor lighten the mood at times, but a tone of urgency and imminent danger seems as integral to this series as the last. With appealing new characters within a familiar framework, this spin-off will satisfy the demand for more."—<EM>Booklist</EM>
PRAISE FOR THE HOUSE OF HADES
"In this adventure, victories are hard-won and the essence of bravery nuanced, making the journey as satisfying as it is entertaining."
PRAISE FOR THE MARK OF ATHENA
"With a true storyteller’s sense of pacing, Riordan creates another compelling adventure, right down to the cliff-hanger at the end. Stay tuned for volume four."
PRAISE FOR THE SON OF NEPTUNE
"Fans will find plenty to cheer about as Percy and his allies move slowly toward fulfilling the mysterious Prophecy of Seven."
PRAISE FOR THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS
". . .fans will revel in the adventures, wit, and memorable characters found in this thundering conclusion to The Heroes of Olympus series."
Tue, 09/28/2021 - 7:00pm
Wed, 09/29/2021 - 7:00pm
Join us for an evening with renowned fermentation expert Sandor Katz, live from his kitchen, in conversation with Dan Barber of Blue Hill!
Elizabeth Emerson -- Letters From Red Farm: The Untold Story of the Friendship between Helen Keller and Journalist Joseph Edgar Chamberlin -- ONLINE
Thu, 09/30/2021 - 7:00pm
In 1888, young Helen Keller traveled to Boston with her teacher, Annie Sullivan, where they met a man who would change her life: Boston Transcript columnist and editor Joseph Edgar Chamberlin.
Fri, 10/01/2021 - 12:00pm
We have a selection of books for everyone. Come in to the store to see what we mean.