- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, Book Four) (Hardcover)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Trials of Apollo series.
- #1: Trials of Apollo, The Book One The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo, The Book One) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #2: Trials of Apollo, The Book Two The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo, The Book Two) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #3: The Burning Maze (Trials of Apollo, The Book Three) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #5: The Tower of Nero (Trials of Apollo, The Book Five) (Hardcover): $19.99
In his penultimate adventure, a devastated but determined Apollo travels to Camp Jupiter, where he must learn what it is to be a hero, or die trying.
"A clash of mythic intrigues and centuries of pop culture to thrill die-hard and new fans alike."--Kirkus Reviews
- #1 New York Times best-selling series
- Rick Riordan is considered the "storyteller of the gods" because of his five #1 New York Times bestselling series based on mythology
- A continuation of the Percy Jackson saga, but it also stands alone
- A new take on Greek and Roman mythology from the point of view of a fallen god
- Brings back beloved demigod characters from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
- Introduces new demigods
- Villains are based on Roman emperors
- Features a diverse cast with people from all kinds of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Perfect for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
Now his journey takes him to Camp Jupiter in the San Francisco Bay Area, where the Roman demigods are preparing for a desperate last stand against the evil Triumvirate of Roman emperors.
Hazel, Reyna, Frank, Tyson, Ella, and many other old friends will need Apollo's aid to survive the onslaught.
Unfortunately, the answer to their salvation lies in the forgotten tomb of a Roman ruler . . . someone even worse than the emperors Apollo has already faced.
Don't miss the exciting Book 4 in this bestselling series set in the Percy Jackson universe!
About the Author
Rick Riordan, dubbed “storyteller of the gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of five #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, and the Trials of Apollo, based on Greek and Roman mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, based on Norse mythology. Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two #1 New York Times best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. Rick is also the publisher of an imprint at Disney-Hyperion, Rick Riordan Presents, dedicated to finding other authors of highly entertaining fiction based on world cultures and mythologies. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. Follow him on Twitter at @RickRiordan.
PRAISE FOR THE DARK PROPHECY
"Riordan sets a blistering pace for this book, making it hard to put down and even when the story takes a break from the action, there is some mystery to be revealed or some dream to visit."—The Nerd Daily
Amazon's Best Children's Books of 2019 - ages 9-12Hypable's Best Books of 2019Goodreads Choice Awards 2019 - Best Middle Grade Childrens
PRAISE FOR THE BURNING MAZE
" . . . this is Riordan, so there’s plenty of snarky banter and comedy mixed in among the drama. Amid the cinematic pacing and well-choreographed action scenes, Riordan squeezes in plenty of character development into the expanding cast of characters, even minor ones who don’t get a lot of page space. Riordan’s fans will appreciate seeing some familiar faces in this puzzle-filled installment, and a cliff-hanger ending will make them eager for the sequel."—Booklist
Tue, 09/28/2021 - 7:00pm
Wed, 09/29/2021 - 7:00pm
Join us for an evening with renowned fermentation expert Sandor Katz, live from his kitchen, in conversation with Dan Barber of Blue Hill!
Elizabeth Emerson -- Letters From Red Farm: The Untold Story of the Friendship between Helen Keller and Journalist Joseph Edgar Chamberlin -- ONLINE
Thu, 09/30/2021 - 7:00pm
In 1888, young Helen Keller traveled to Boston with her teacher, Annie Sullivan, where they met a man who would change her life: Boston Transcript columnist and editor Joseph Edgar Chamberlin.
Fri, 10/01/2021 - 12:00pm
We have a selection of books for everyone. Come in to the store to see what we mean.