- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger (Mass Market)
Hard to Find (may be out of print - email to check availability)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Dark Tower series.
- #2: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (Paperback): $18.00
- #3: The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands (Paperback): $18.00
- #4: The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel (The Dark Tower) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla (Paperback): $19.99
- #6: The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah (Paperback): $19.99
- #7: The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower (Paperback): $19.99
Now a major motion picture starring Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba
“An impressive work of mythic magnitude that may turn out to be Stephen King’s greatest literary achievement” (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution), The Gunslinger is the first volume in the epic Dark Tower Series.
A #1 national bestseller, The Gunslinger introduces readers to one of Stephen King’s most powerful creations, Roland of Gilead: The Last Gunslinger. He is a haunting figure, a loner on a spellbinding journey into good and evil. In his desolate world, which mirrors our own in frightening ways, Roland tracks The Man in Black, encounters an enticing woman named Alice, and begins a friendship with the boy from New York named Jake.
Inspired in part by the Robert Browning narrative poem, “Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came,” The Gunslinger is “a compelling whirlpool of a story that draws one irretrievable to its center” (Milwaukee Sentinel). It is “brilliant and fresh…and will leave you panting for more” (Booklist).
About the Author
Stephen King is the author of more than sixty books, all of them worldwide bestsellers. His recent work includes If It Bleeds, The Institute, Elevation, The Outsider, Sleeping Beauties (cowritten with his son Owen King), and the Bill Hodges trilogy: End of Watch, Finders Keepers, and Mr. Mercedes (an Edgar Award winner for Best Novel and a television series streaming on Peacock). His novel 11/22/63 was named a top ten book of 2011 by The New York Times Book Review and won the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Mystery/Thriller. His epic works The Dark Tower, It, Pet Sematary, and Doctor Sleep are the basis for major motion pictures, with It now the highest-grossing horror film of all time. He is the recipient of the 2020 Audio Publishers Association Lifetime Achievement Award, the 2018 PEN America Literary Service Award, the 2014 National Medal of Arts, and the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. He lives in Bangor, Maine, with his wife, novelist Tabitha King.
"An impressive work of mythic magnitude. May turn out to be Stephen King’s greatest literary achievement."
— Atlanta Journal-Constitution
"A compelling whirlpool of a story that draws one irretrievably to its center."
— Milwaukee Sentinel
"Brilliant, fresh and compelling…will leave you panting for more."