- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | A Distant Grave - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
Where It Hurts Lib/E (Gus Murphy #1) (Compact Disc)
Special Order (email to check availability)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Gus Murphy series.
From award-winning New York Times bestselling author Reed Farrel Coleman comes a gritty, atmospheric new series about the other side of Long Island, far from the wealth of the Hamptons, where real people live-and die.
Gus Murphy thought he had the world all figured out. A retired Suffolk County cop, he had everything a man could want: a great marriage, two kids, a nice house, and the rest of his life ahead of him. But when tragedy strikes, his life is thrown into complete disarray. In the course of a single deadly moment, his family is blown apart, and Gus is transformed from a man who believes he understands everything into a man who understands nothing.
Divorced and working as a courtesy van driver for the run-down hotel in which he has a room, Gus has settled into a mindless, soulless routine that barely keeps his grief at arm's length. But his comfortable waking trance comes to an end when ex-con Tommy Delcamino comes to him for help. Four months earlier, TJ Delcamino's battered body was discovered in a wooded lot, yet the police don't seem interested in pursuing the killers. In desperation, Tommy seeks out the only cop he ever trusted: Gus Murphy.
Gus reluctantly agrees to see what he can uncover. As he begins to sweep away the layers of dust that have collected over the case during the intervening months, Gus finds that Delcamino is telling the truth. It seems that everyone involved with the late TJ Delcamino-from his best friend to his girlfriend, from a gang enforcer to a Mafia capo, and even the police-has something to hide, and all are willing to go to extreme lengths to hide it. Gus has taken on a dangerous favor as he claws his way back to take a place among the living, all while searching through the sewers for a killer.
Fri, 09/24/2021 - 7:00pm
From the creator of the New York Times bestseller Dreamers comes a beautiful story about growth, empowerment, and finding one's own voice.
Tue, 09/28/2021 - 7:00pm
Wed, 09/29/2021 - 7:00pm
Join us for an evening with renowned fermentation expert Sandor Katz, live from his kitchen, in conversation with Dan Barber of Blue Hill!
Elizabeth Emerson -- Letters From Red Farm: The Untold Story of the Friendship between Helen Keller and Journalist Joseph Edgar Chamberlin -- ONLINE
Thu, 09/30/2021 - 7:00pm
In 1888, young Helen Keller traveled to Boston with her teacher, Annie Sullivan, where they met a man who would change her life: Boston Transcript columnist and editor Joseph Edgar Chamberlin.