- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Anna, Banana, and the Sleepover Secret (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Anna, Banana series.
- #1: Anna, Banana, and the Friendship Split (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: Anna, Banana, and the Monkey in the Middle (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Anna, Banana, and the Big-Mouth Bet (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Anna, Banana, and the Puppy Parade (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Anna, Banana, and the Little Lost Kitten (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Anna, Banana, and the Recipe for Disaster (Hardcover): $16.99
- #8: Anna, Banana, and the Magic Show Mix-Up (Paperback): $5.99
Anna wrestles with a big secret at Isabel’s super-fun sleepover in the seventh book of this “fast-paced, fun, and funny” (Megan McDonald, bestselling author of the Judy Moody series) illustrated chapter book series about the joys and challenges of elementary school friendships.
Anna and her friends love having sleepovers. So, when Isabel invites Anna and Sadie to spend the night at her house for the first time Anna can’t wait! Between pranking Isabel’s older sisters, make-your-own pizzas, and truth or dare this is going to be the best night ever.
But when one of Isabel’s older sisters’ dares results in Anna breaking a really special vase, everything stops being all fun and games. Isabel’s sisters convince the girls they can hide it from their parents, but after her friends fall asleep, Anna lies on the floor in her sleeping bag, wide awake.
At night, with the lights out and everyone else sleeping, Isabel’s house seems different. Unfamiliar. Not like home. Anna misses Banana terribly, and worst of all she feels really guilty keeping what happened a secret. If Anna doesn’t stay at the sleepover, everyone might get mad at her for ruining it, but if she stays and lets the secret slip about the broken vase, everyone might get mad at her for that instead. Anna and her friends share all their secrets, but can they help her with her secret dilemma?
About the Author
Anica Mrose Rissi grew up on an island off the coast of Maine, where she read a lot of books and loved a lot of pets. She now tells and collects stories, makes up songs on her violin, and eats lots of cheese with her friends in Princeton, New Jersey, where she lives with her dog, Arugula. Find out more at AnicaRissi.com and follow @AnicaRissi on Twitter.
Cassey Kuo is a visual development artist and illustrator. Born and raised in New Jersey, she has enjoyed drawing for as long as she can remember and now spends nearly all of her time creating art. When she is not hidden in the studio, she can be found dancing, rock climbing, and generally staying active. Find out more at Kckuo.com and follow @Sleepy_KC on Instagram.