- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Secret Sisters of the Salty Sea (MP3 CD)
Special Order (call or email to check availability)
From Newbery Medalist Lynne Rae Perkins, this effervescent story introduces two sisters--Alix and Jools--and takes readers on an unforgettable journey to the beach.
In the style of the author's acclaimed Nuts to You, this is a joyful celebration of sisters, family, and the ocean. Fans of Kate DiCamillo's Raymie Nightingale and Rebecca Stead's Liar and Spy will love this engaging family story.
Alix and her sister, Jools, have never seen the ocean. When their parents pack them up for a week at the shore, Alix is nervous about leaving home, but excited, too. At the beach, the girls make friends, go exploring, and have adventures both big and small. They pick periwinkles, spot crabs, and discover that the beach is full of endless possibilities. As the week comes to an end, Alix is surprised to find she doesn't want to leave
Award-winning author Lynne Rae Perkins has beautifully crafted a genuine and engaging novel about sisters, family, and exploration.