- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Speaking of Dogs: The Best Collection of Canine Quotables Ever Compiled (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Who doesn't love dogs? Answer that question in the negative and
find yourself contradicted by the countless dog-lauding quotations
compiled here by James Charlton and wackily illustrated
by Arnold Roth. Containing quotes from pundits and poets,
artists and authors, there's something new and memorable in
here for everyone. Charlton categorizes quotes into sections to
easily locate a minute message to fit your mood or life circumstance.
Hungry? Dog food. Lonely? Love and Loyalty. Aging?
Old Dogs. Bad day at work? Barking and Biting. Cat scratched
your furniture? Dogs Are Better. Despairing? Love a Dog. Witty
and tender, with hundreds of quotes to choose from, this book
doggedly compiles all the best words ever written or spoken
about man's best friend, all complemented by Roth's artwork.
And remember what Mark Twain said: Heaven goes by favor; if
it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.