- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Books & Calendars for Jewish New Year 2020
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- British Library Crime Classics
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Macanudo #2 (Hardcover)
Special Order (email to check availability)
Macanudo #2 collects more of Liniers's great daily strip (the first selection of which appeared in volume #1). And like the first volume, this new collection is marked by subtle charm, existential wit, a playful sensibility, and a probing mind. Dive in for more Henrietta and her cat, Fellini; more Mandlebaum, the teddy bear; more sensitive robot, and much else besides
Liniers (Ricardo Siri) is an acclaimed and well-beloved Argentine cartoonist, whose wildly popular daily strip Macanudo ("cool") has been published in the Argentine newspaper La Naci n for the past ten years. This strip has won him fans throughout the world and comparisons to the cartoonist heavyweights Charles Schultz and Bill Watterson. Liniers also travels around the world with musician Kevin Johansen, painting on big canvases on stage while Johansen makes music. Sometimes, they switch places. Liniers has over 3,600 published comic strips and has published over twenty-five books in Spanish, and more than ten books in nine countries from Brazil to the Czech Republic. His first book to be published in English, The Big Wet Balloon, has been both a critical and popular success and was selected as a best book of 2013 by Parents Magazine. And the fourth volume of his Macanudo to appear in French was recently selected for the 2014 Angoul me Festival. Together with his wife Angie, Liniers also founded the comics publisher La Editorial Com n. Liniers lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina, with his wife and three daughters--Matilda, Clementina, and Emma. No penguins though. . . yet.
About the Author
Liniers: Liniers was born in Buenos Aires in 1973. He has created many illustrations & comics for the press, collections and anthologies. His series Macanudo is published daily in Argentina's largest newspaper, La Nacion.