- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Books & Calendars for Jewish New Year 2020
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- British Library Crime Classics
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Macanudo: Olga Rules (#4) (Library Binding)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
Macanudo: Olga Rules (#4) is a supremely good compilation of strips from cartoonist Liniers. Full of surrealism and magic, this fourth volume of the great Macanudo introduces one of Liniers's most beloved characters--Olga. Olga is the imaginary friend of Martin, a young elementary school boy. Olga only ever says Olga, but Martin knows what she means. Together, they demonstrate the vitality of imagination and its inherently comic nature, relating the sublime and the ridiculous, as it always does. Olga and Martin also share numerous great strips with Henrietta, Liniers's bookish girl character, and her sidekicks Mandelbaum the teddy bear, Fellini the cat, the sensitive Robot, Olivero the Olive, and more. This is a standout volume that will set your heart singing. Don't miss Olga. Olga is coming. Olga rules
Liniers is a famous Argentine cartoonist who has done many covers for The New Yorker and has published some great books with TOON based on his Macanudo character, Henrietta.
About the Author
Born in Argentina in 1973, Liniers began his artistic career when he realized he wasn't cut out for law school and started making fanzines for friends. Since 2002, when his daily comic strip Macanudo began appearing in La Nación, Argentina's most widely read newspaper, Liniers has become an international comics star, with many New Yorker covers to his name, among other accolades. Macanudo is published throughout the world, and Liniers' social media reaches nearly a million followers. In the US, he is also the creator of wonderful children's books, two of which are about one of the greatest characters in Macanudo: the wry, philosophical girl, Henrietta. Liniers also tours Latin America and Spain with musician Kevin Johansen, drawing on stage while Kevin's band performs. Liniers currently lives in Vermont with his wife and three daughters.