- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Graduation Gift Books
- Race Relations...
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
In a Dark, Dark Wood (Large Print / Paperback)
Usually Available in 3-7 Days
September 2015 Indie Next List
“This book has all the trappings of a good English mystery -- an approaching storm, an isolated house, mysterious footprints, and a group of relative strangers all locked in together. Ware's characters are playfully crafted, and just as you think they're becoming a cliche, they do something totally unexpected. In a Dark, Dark Wood is a titillating exploration of the classic tropes, layered with the complex style and hard edges found in the best modern thrillers. Highly recommended!”
— Kelsey Myers (E), Old Firehouse Books, Fort Collins, CO
INSTANT "NEW YORK TIMES," "USA TODAY," AND "LOS ANGELES TIMES" BESTSELLER
SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE
An NPR Best Book of the Year, 2015
A ShelfAwareness Best Book of the Year, 2015
An "Entertainment Weekly "Summer Books Pick
A "Buzzfeed" 31 Books to Get Excited About this Summer Pick
A "Publishers Weekly " Top Ten Mysteries and Thrillers Pick
A "BookReporter" Summer Reading Pick
A "New York Post " Best Novels to Read this Summer Pick
A "Shelf Awareness "Book Expo America 2015 Buzz Book Pick
What should be a cozy and fun-filled weekend deep in the English countryside takes a sinister turn in Ruth Ware's suspenseful, compulsive, and darkly twisted psychological thriller.
"Sometimes the only thing to fear is yourself."
When reclusive writer Leonora is invited to the English countryside for a weekend away, she reluctantly agrees to make the trip. But as the first night falls, revelations unfold among friends old and new, an unnerving memory shatters Leonora's reserve, and a haunting realization creeps in: the party is not alone in the woods.