- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Race Relations...
- Virtual Browsing Book List
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Halloween Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Preorder Now!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- British Library Crime Classics
- Book Angel Suggestions 2020
- 2021 Calendars
- On Inclusion... for young readers
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Kindness Counts 123 (Highlights Books of Kindness) (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now (email to confirm availability)
Young readers can count down from 10 while discovering the many ways to make the world a kinder place.
Thoughtful illustrations of children showing kindness and generosity will help kids learn the important concepts of empathy and compassion while counting down the many ways to be kind. Whether it be delivering cookies to a new neighbor, sharing toys, or saying "I love you" to Grandma and Grandpa, here is the perfect book to read aloud at home or in the classroom to spark conversations about simple acts of kindness. With durable cardstock pages and approachable language, this book will encourage children to be their best selves wherever they go.
About the Author
R.A. Strong is an editor and writer. She enjoys sharing kindness by donating warm clothes in the wintertime, surprising people with cakes, and picking up litter whenever she can. Though her favorite thing of all is making others smile.
Ekaterina Trukhan is a Russian illustrator. She graduated from Camberwell College of Arts and has since illustrated children's books. She draws her inspiration from everyday life, mid-century illustration, and the books she had when she was a child. Visit her on the Web at ekaterinatrukhan.com and goodillustration.com
“From the beloved brand Highlights comes a new set of picture books for kids. One, in an A-Z format, this book will show kids all the different ways they can bring a little kindness into the world. Think helping with chores, delivering cookies to a neighbor, standing up for what’s right and more. The other does the same in counting form and featuring a diverse cast of kids and beautiful illustrations, these are both excellent books to read aloud in a classroom or at home before bedtime.” – Red Tricycle
“Kindness is something everyone can relate to. . . Using 123’s and ABC’s, these books make the concept of kindness more manageable for kids and just as fun for adults. They are full of ideas of how any age can share a little love with the world. Take time to read them together and then go out as a family and put what you learned into action!” - Taylor Mariott, Medium