- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
The Book of the Cat: Cats in Art (Paperback)
Usually Available in 1-5 Days
Cats have been revered by artists since ancient times for their beauty, grace, independence, and air of mystery. Domesticated, but with a touch of the wild about them, they share our homes and endlessly fascinate us. The Book of the Cat is a cool and quirky collection of feline art and illustration by artists from around the world.
Interspersed through the illustrations are short texts about the artists and their subjects. Beautifully designed and packaged, the book will appeal to cat lovers of all ages.
About the Author
Angus Hyland is a partner at Pentagram Design London. His work for Laurence King includes The Picture Book (2010, with Steven Bateman), Symbol (2011), and The Purple Book (2013).
Caroline Roberts is a journalist and author who writes mainly about the graphic arts. She is the co-author of New Book Design, Cut & Paste: 21st-Century Collage, and most recently 50 Years of Illustration. She was the founder of Grafik magazine.