- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Books & Calendars for Jewish New Year 2020
- Paperbacks for Summer 2020
- Race Relations...
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Books for Understanding Our World
- Graduation Gift Books
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Red Clover Award
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- British Library Crime Classics
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Travel Notes Paintings by Henry Isaacs (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now (email to confirm availability)
Through his many gallery and museum exhibitions, Henry Isaacs is one of New England’s best known landscape painters. His work is colorful, friendly to the eye and easy to like. But it is deceptively complex. In Travel Notes: Paintings by Henry Isaacs, author Daniel Kany follows the rich trail of how Isaacs has come to paint the way he does by focusing on the myriad small paintings Isaacs does both in preparation for his larger works but also as a mode of their own. Isaacs calls these small paintings “notes.”
About the Author
Daniel Kany (b. 1966) is an art critic and art historian. An experienced curator, educator and art dealer, Kany has authored many catalogs, magazine articles and books. About 500 of his art review columns have appeared in the Portland Press Herald | Maine Sunday Telegram. Kany lives in Cumberland, ME and Arlington, MA with his wife and children.