- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Travel Notes Paintings by Henry Isaacs (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Through his many gallery and museum exhibitions, Henry Isaacs is one of New England’s best known landscape painters. His work is colorful, friendly to the eye and easy to like. But it is deceptively complex. In Travel Notes: Paintings by Henry Isaacs, author Daniel Kany follows the rich trail of how Isaacs has come to paint the way he does by focusing on the myriad small paintings Isaacs does both in preparation for his larger works but also as a mode of their own. Isaacs calls these small paintings “notes.”
About the Author
Daniel Kany (b. 1966) is an art critic and art historian. An experienced curator, educator and art dealer, Kany has authored many catalogs, magazine articles and books. About 500 of his art review columns have appeared in the Portland Press Herald | Maine Sunday Telegram. Kany lives in Cumberland, ME and Arlington, MA with his wife and children.