- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Twelfth Night: Third Series (Arden Shakespeare Third) (Paperback)
Usually Available in 1-5 Days
Critically acclaimed as one of Shakespeare's most complex and intriguing plays, Twelfth Night is a classic romantic comedy of mistaken identities. In recent years it has returned to the centre of critical debate surrounding gender and sexuality. The Introduction explores the multiple factors that make up the play's rich textual, theatrical, critical and cultural history. Keir Elam surveys the play's production and reception, emphasising the role of the spectator both within the comedy and the playhouse.
“The editorial goals of the Arden project are ably met in this edition. Elam’s...astounding knowledge of elements of performance make this edition a mustread...Brings together into one volume a wealth of textual, bibliographical, and critical scholarship; a variety of background materials; helpful images and charts; and information and analysis concerning stage and film performances.The introduction exemplifies scholarly achievement...Magisterial footnotes.”—Shakespeare Quarterly