- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Graduation Gift Books
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Postcards from the Interior (American Poets Continuum) (Paperback)
Special Order (email to check availability)
Postcards from the Interior is a collection of postcard poems written from different geographical locations and varied states of heart and mind. The first section, "Postcards from Vermont," is composed of poems about Vermont towns and historical landmarks. The second section, "Postcards from the Interior," stretches to include poems from far-flung places, real and imagined. Adroit at juxtaposing the exterior weather of landscapes and the interior weather of the human condition, Cooper writes poetry with the heft of a Romantic meditation and the breezy ease of contemporary song lyrics.
Wyn Cooper has published three previous poetry collections. A poem from his first book was turned into lyrics for Sheryl Crow's Grammy-winning song "All I Wanna Do." He lives in Battleboro, Vermont.
About the Author
Wyn Cooper has published three poetry collections, including Postcards from the Interior (BOA, 2005). His lyrics were recorded by Sheryl Crow for her hit song "All I Wanna Do." He collaborates on spoken word/music recordings with novelist Madison Smartt Bell, organizes the Brattleboro Literary Festival, and in 2009 worked for the Poetry Foundation at the Harriet Monroe Poetry Institute.