Usually Available in 2-10 Business Days
Approachable and tailored to today’s active learners, Community and Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Public’s Health, 10th Edition
presents an engaging introduction to population-focused care, helping students broaden their viewpoints from the client–nurse relationship to a community healthcare focus. This highly visual, student-friendly text incorporates bulleted lists, infographics, and a plethora of meaningful real-life examples and case studies to facilitate a foundational understanding of public health principles and evidence-based practice. The 10th edition continues to highlight the relevance of population-focused tools and interventions to acute care as well as community and public health settings, and to equip students with the skills and understanding to confidently promote health, foster disease prevention, and protect at-risk populations.
Covering a multitude of commonly encountered community and public settings, situations, and populations — including older adults, homeless populations, veterans, refugees, and the LGBTQ community — this updated edition has been extensively revised and reorganized to familiarize students with today’s most prominent public health issues and empower them to provide the most effective nursing care wherever they may choose to practice.
- UPDATED! New and revised content throughout reflects the growing need for effective community-based care across the changing healthcare landscape.
- UPDATED! Streamlined organization emphasizes Healthy People 2030 framework and goals and keeps students focused on essential trends and concepts.
- NEW! Ten Essential Public Health Services content incorporated into Active Learning Exercises encourages students to consider situations/questions within this critical context.
- UPDATED! Emphasis on vulnerable groups throughout the text alerts students to specific considerations in the care of diverse population groups, including older adults, veterans, refugees, homeless populations, and the LGBTQ community.
- Evidence-Based Practice features familiarize students with current research examples and their effective application in community/public health nursing practice.
- Stories from the Field boxes present real-world scenarios that emphasize the nursing process and challenge students to consider assessment and intervention in a public health context.
- Levels of Prevention Pyramid boxes enhance students’ understanding of the levels of prevention concepts that are basic to community health nursing.
- Healthy People 2030 content highlights pertinent goals and objectives for health promotion for specific populations.
- Perspectives features immerse students in various viewpoints to promote critical thinking, dispel commonly held misconceptions, and emphasize the link between skills learned in specialty practice and other practice settings.
- What Do YOU Think? features push students to think deeply and reach valuable conclusions on subject matter unique to public health.
- QSEN: Focus on Quality features alert you to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses concepts related to environmental health and disasters, patient-centered care (family/community; empowerment), teamwork/collaboration (communication; system barriers), EBP/QI/ethics and data (e.g., tracking the homeless).
- Population Focus features strengthen your ability to consider chapter concepts from a population-focused perspective.
- C/PHN Use of the Nursing Process boxes allow students to see how assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation are used within the context of community/public health situations as presented in selected chapters.
- Active Learning Exercises offer essential practice applying chapter concepts to actively solving community health problems.
- Learning Objectives and Key Terms focus students’ attention on essential concepts and vocabulary.
- Summaries provide a concise, bulleted review of preceding chapter content.
- References at the end of each chapter expand students’ knowledge through current research and a broad base of authoritative information sources.