- My Account
- Contact and Hours/ About Us
- Contact us
- For Authors
- Who We Are
- Shop the Bookstore
- Browse Books by Category
- Biography, History, Current Events & Culture
- Children's Board Books & Picture Books
- Children's Chapter Books & Graphic Novels
- Children's Non-fiction & Activities
- Fiction including Mystery & Fantasy
- Health, Psychology & Parenting
- Humor, Reference & Gifts
- Music, Art, Crafts and Design
- Mythology, Religion, Metaphysics & Inspiration
- Poetry, Essays & Bibliophilia
- Science, Nature, Gardening & Cooking
- Travel, Adventure & Sports
- Young Adult Fiction & Non-fiction
- Gift Cards
- Staff Picks
- Featured & Seasonal Lists
- Cards and Gift Wrapping
- Blank Books and Journals
- Toys and Games
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Literary Gifts and More...
- Browse Books by Category
- Special Programs
- Book Angel Donation
- Registered Reading Groups
- Our Rewards Program
- Happy Birthday Discount Card
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Signed First Editions
- Melanie Finn | The Hare - pre-order & signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Birthday Book Collection
You are here
The Sentinel: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now (email to confirm availability)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 25 in the Jack Reacher series.
- #1: Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Running Blind (Jack Reacher #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Persuader: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Enemy: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Jack Reacher: One Shot: A Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Hard Way: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Bad Luck and Trouble: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Nothing to Lose: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Gone Tomorrow: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: 61 Hours: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Worth Dying For: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: The Affair: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: A Wanted Man (with bonus short story Not a Drill): A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #18: Never Go Back: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #19: Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Make Me (with bonus short story Small Wars): A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #21: Night School: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #22: The Midnight Line: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #23: Past Tense: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #24: Blue Moon: A Jack Reacher Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
- #26: Better Off Dead: A Jack Reacher Novel (CD-Audio): $45.00
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Jack Reacher is back! The “utterly addictive” (The New York Times) series continues as acclaimed author Lee Child teams up with his brother, Andrew Child, fellow thriller writer extraordinaire.
“One of the many great things about Jack Reacher is that he’s larger than life while remaining relatable and believable. The Sentinel shows that two Childs are even better than one.”—James Patterson
As always, Reacher has no particular place to go, and all the time in the world to get there. One morning he ends up in a town near Pleasantville, Tennessee.
But there’s nothing pleasant about the place.
In broad daylight Reacher spots a hapless soul walking into an ambush. “It was four against one” . . . so Reacher intervenes, with his own trademark brand of conflict resolution.
The man he saves is Rusty Rutherford, an unassuming IT manager, recently fired after a cyberattack locked up the town’s data, records, information . . . and secrets. Rutherford wants to stay put, look innocent, and clear his name.
Reacher is intrigued. There’s more to the story. The bad guys who jumped Rutherford are part of something serious and deadly, involving a conspiracy, a cover-up, and murder—all centered on a mousy little guy in a coffee-stained shirt who has no idea what he’s up against.
Rule one: if you don’t know the trouble you’re in, keep Reacher by your side.
About the Author
Lee Child is the author of twenty-four New York Times bestselling Jack Reacher thrillers, with fifteen having reached the #1 position, and the #1 bestselling complete Jack Reacher story collection, No Middle Name. Foreign rights in the Reacher series have sold in one hundred territories. A native of England and a former television director, Lee Child lives in New York City.
Andrew Child, who also writes as Andrew Grant, is the author of RUN, False Positive, False Friend, False Witness, Invisible, and Too Close to Home. Child and his wife, the novelist Tasha Alexander, live on a wildlife preserve in Wyoming.
“I loved The Sentinel! Classic Reacher, great story. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I do love the spare writing style, the descriptions, Reacher’s responses to threats. Joyous stuff. I hope there will be many more Reachers to come.”—Conn Iggulden
“It’s great to be back in [Reacher’s] company in a world where the bad guys get what’s coming to them. . . . A smooth transition for a much-loved character.”—The Observer
“As always, the bad guys—this time, Russian spies and American-Nazi thugs—discover too late that they are no match for Reacher. Despite the change in authors, the writing remains tight and the non-stop action is as propulsive as ever.”—Associated Press
“As ever, [Reacher is] the sole, unrivalled champion of the average man.”—Daily Mail
“Fresh, perfectly plotted, and packed with action, The Sentinel is one of the year’s best, must-read thrillers.”—The Real Book Spy
“It’s terrific. . . . The story is just as powerful. . . . Brutal action mixes with keen-eyed detective work as Reacher metes out his own brand of justice. . . . If this novel is a harbinger of what’s to come, then Jack is in good hands.”—Booklist (starred review)
“Much of The Sentinel is humorous as Reacher patiently teaches bad guys about the flaws in their tactics. While there’s lots of action, the novel also feels like a procedural as Reacher interviews suspects and delves deeper toward the truth. . . . [The Sentinel has] one of the most inventive action sequences in recent memory. . . . It continues the series without any sense that there’s now a coauthor. In a year of drastic change, fans will welcome the consistency.”—Publishers Weekly